Okay, so I FINALLY managed to get my hands on the Oofuri’s EVENT DVD. It’s been like two months since I watched Oofuri and I still love it so much. Oofuri NEEDS another season. I’ll be pissed if I don’t see one coming out in the near future.
There’s quite a number of seiyuu I didn’t really know … like Sumi-san, Kimura-san and Yasumura-san. I ended up liking them all by the end. I kinda felt bad for Kimura who had to do Tajima’s embarrassing line in one of the corners.
In the beginning, it was kinda boring since everyone was being a tad distant and cold with each other but it warmed up quickly afterwards. Hard for that NOT to happen with Shimono (who I’m going to start calling Shimo-chan because of this) and Yonaga’s high tension and cuteness being tossed around! Yuutan was a quiet at first but he later explained why. It seems he’s afraid of the dark, heights and is claustrophobic! My, my, my. The entrance had all the seiyuu coming up from under the stage so Yuutan explained that it was the worst because he was against all three of his fears.
Anyways, let me take this from the beginning since I took notes while watching lol … though my notes aren’t being very useful at the moment because of the “SHIMO-CHAN IS CUTE!” line coming up everywhere.
- Man do I love everyone’s fashion sense! I absolutely loved what Shimo-chan, Yonaga, Taniyama, FukuJun and Yuutan were wearing. Speaking of Taniyama, he sure is a cool person! Sarcastic and eccentric like <3 Totally loved him.
- Someone mind telling me what on earth SIGMA 7 is?! I keep on hearing Yuutan mentioning it and it bothers me how I have absolutely no idea what it is. My frustration’s showing in my notes lol.
- Did I mention how cute Yonaga was? He’s absolutely adorable! Him and Shimo-chan <3 I love how Yonaga’s always spinning on his chair like he can’t stay put.
- The first corner showed all of the seiyuus favorite scenes. I found it absolutely adorable how everyone kept quiet at Shimo-chan’s turn. He’s so cute. I didn’t write much notes about the rest but I loved them all. FukuJun and Taniyama sure do enjoy teasing people.
- Shimo-chan and FukuJun acting as Mihashi and Abe respectively was strange beyond strange. I already saw the seiyuu switch clips on youtube but still it was funny.
- Can’t remember when this happened but I wrote: “Shimo-chan disappearing into the dark” in my notes. I’m guessing it was when he had to the “I FORGOT TO MASTERBATE” line. There was a girl in the audience who screamed “GANBARE!” to which Shimo-chan screamed back “GANBARUYO!” Once again, SO CUTE!
- Notes: “WHAT IS SIGMA 7?!?!?!” Yep, my frustration was showing.
- Like I said, I felt bad for Kimura who had to do the Tajima’s line. He didn’t do bad though! Must’ve been really embarrassing though, haha. I just looked it up on ANN and Kimura also voiced Eichi in Full Moon! That was a surprise to me.
- When it came to the famous episode three scene, Yasumura-san voiced Abe and he exaggerated the Abe’s surprise at the end. It was funny how he was just like “EH!” with a super shocked movement. Kills Abe’s cool demeanor but it was all fun after all.
- I LAUGHED so hard in the scene where Sumi (Mizutani) and Yuutan (Abe) switched roles. Yuutan’s Mizutani is DAI DAI GENKI! I’m so not used to such a happy Yuutan voice since he normally does cool characters.
- Shimo-chan’s laugh is still the cutest thing ever. Yonaga’s laugh is as cute too.
- FukuJun’s Mihashi is really really awkward.
- After that corner, Non-tan and Hanawa-san (Kazuki Kawai) showed up and reenacted the manly tears scene when Tosei lost. WE SHED MANLY TEARS! During the recording, Non-tan looked like he was going to cry really. He’s so cute. I absolutely love Non-tan’s shyness.
- The next corner had everyone voicing scenes from the manga that weren’t animated. Namely the whole “protein snakes” thing. When they walking up to the mic I wrote in my notes how FukuJun took the mic from Shimo-chan. It was short and unnoticeable thing but I found it cute. Shimo-chan’s so damn short compared to FukuJun!
- IT’S SO CUTE how everyone teases Shimo-chan.
- The next manga original scene that was voiced was a scene with Misato and Inoue where Inoue voiced a dog. Inoue-san is really cute too! She’s one of my favorite female seiyuus. Plus, she’s really pretty. After their scene, they pointed out how there ARE some guys in the audience. LOL. That sorta made me laugh.
- After that, they brought in a STRAWBERRY CAKE and sang happy birthday to Suzuki-san, Yuutan and Risa-san! <3
- AND THEN! Out of nowhere, Matsukaze (Haruna) comes! Plus, he goes and takes all of the attention. He was really outgoing and fun person. I love how Taniyama and Matsukaze acted with each other, it’s really funny.
- There was a prize segment after this. No details since it’ll just piss me off thinking about it. God knows how much I want those daihons.
- After everyone said their words of thanks, they SANG the OP of Oofuri. That was funny. Yonaga’s totally adorable. I love how Yonaga dragged Shimo-chan back on the stage. My heart probably stopped for a second when they “Bai bai~!” it was too moe for me.
- The audience demanded an encore so the cast came back on stage. There was this banner thing that came in where the fanst wrote stuff on it. Shimo-chan was all like “WAH! SUGOI!” it was so cute. There was someone who wrote “Abe is mine” on it … it had me laughing so hard
Well, the rest of my notes are incomprehensible so I’ll things like this. If you liked Oofuri, I highly recommend finding a way to watch this event. It’s so funny.
-prays a second season comes soon-
((Oh yeah, I’m going to have to blog Junjo tomorrow since I’m waiting for HQ RAW for better screens. SHINOBU IS AWESOME!!))